Welcome to Home Ownership


About us

We are one of the UK’s leading housing associations – a member of the G15 group, with over 32,000 homes in London and the home counties.

Making a purposeful difference
The UK has a housing problem. This affects every one of us, because housing is the foundation of the society we live in. Catalyst is part of the solution.

We’re here to make a purposeful difference, providing housing solutions and opportunities for those who can’t afford a home without our help. We offer a wide range of homes, for rent, part ownership or purchase. And by doing so, we build more than homes – we build communities.

Welcome to your new home

This page contains our contact details, useful information and advice about living in your home. If you have any questions or need further information, please call Customer Services on 0300 500 6262.

You can contact us in a number of ways

Customer Services

0300 500 6262
(Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm)

Housing Services Officer

If you have the name and number of your Housing Services Officer you can contact them direct.

Report communal repairs*

Tel: 0300 500 6262
(Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 5.00pm)

E-mail: repairs@chg.org.uk

*Please note you are responsible for your own internal repairs, this number is for reporting communal repairs only

Emergency communal repairs number*

0300 500 6262
(an out of hours service for emergency repairs is provided by our agent)

Report antisocial behaviour

0300 500 6262 (Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm)

0800 075 6699
(outside normal office hours only, please note this number is not staffed during normal working hours and so will not be responded to at this time. Please call the main customer service number (0300 500 6262) who can help with your query between 9am to 5pm)

By post

Catalyst Housing Ltd
6 Houghton Hall Business Park
Porz Avenue
Houghton Regis
Bedfordshire LU5 5UZ

By Email info@chg.org.uk

Moving in Checklist

There is a lot to do on the first day you move into your home; please see below a quick moving in checklist.

To make sure you are only charged for the gas and electricity you use, take a meter reading and advise the current supplier. You can find out the current supplier of power to your home by phoning the following numbers:

Electricity: 0845 601 5467

Gas: 0870 608 1524

Useful Contacts

National gas emergency service 0800 111 999

Electricity fault emergency line 0800 783 8866 (South East EDF) 0800 056 8090 (Central England)

NHS direct 0845 4647 (to get medical advice and information on local doctors and dentist)

TV licensing 0844 800 6790

Consumer credit counselling service 0800 138 1111

National debt line 0808 808 4000

Water boards:

0845 791 9155 (Anglia)

0845 920 0800 (Thames)

0845 782 333 (Three Valleys)

0845 769 7985 (Veolia)

Buildings Insurance, we’ve got it covered

We are responsible for providing buildings insurance for your home and for flats, we are responsible for providing insurance cover for the block where you live. Under the terms of your lease you must have this insurance and premiums are recharged to you as part of your service charge on an annual basis. The sum insured is based on the cost of rebuilding your property and not the current market value.

If you live in a house and complete final staircasing, and therefore own the property in full, you will be responsible for getting your own buildings insurance.

If you require a copy of the buildings insurance schedule you should contact your Housing Services Officer on 0300 500 6262 who can ask our insurance brokers to send you a copy.

Making an insurance claim

If you wish to make a claim under our buildings insurance you should contact our insurer JLT's helpline on 020 8108 9653. Please provide them with relevant information regarding the incident, for example:

1. Date of the incident

2. What actually happened and why

3. If a leak, date repaired and by whom

4. Damage caused by incident.

Things to remember/note

Contents insurance

It is your responsibility to insure your home contents. We recommend that you take out home contents insurance with a reputable company.

TV Licence

You need to be covered by a TV Licence no matter what device you use to watch or record television programmes as they are being shown on TV. If you have any questions about TV Licences or to set up a payment call 0300 790 6138,

quoting ref: GAL

Change of address and telephone number

Notify your contacts and service providers of your new address and telephone number including your bank, DVLA and insurance providers.

TV aerials and satellite dishes

You need our permission in writing before you have a TV aerial or satellite dish fitted to your home.

Free legal advice

When you move in, we will give you our ‘Law Card’. This entitles you to free, confidential legal advice 24 hours a day by calling the number shown on the card.

Postal redirection

For a small charge the Royal Mail will re-direct your post to your new address for a certain period of time.

Over time you may require information about a number of things, opposite is a list of other information available to you which can be accessed via our website or by calling Customer Services on 0300 500 6262.