Difficulty paying

If you are having problems making your payments, it is important to contact us as soon as possible on 0300 500 6262. That way we can help you before the situation gets out of control. If your circumstances have changed you may be entitled to claim benefits, we can help support your application and form filling or suggest agencies who may be able to provide more specialist advice.

There are a number of independent agencies who can also support you and a list is provided below. Please note calls to some of the numbers below will be charged at a higher rate so check with your phone service provider and relevant organisation for exact costs.




Age UK http://www.ageuk.org.uk/ 0800 169 6565
Child Benefit Office http://www.gov.uk/ 0845 302 1444
Citizens Advice http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/ 0844 411 1444
StepChange Debt Charity http://www.stepchange.org/ 0800 138 1111
Dept for Work and Pensions http://www.dwp.gov.uk/  
Disability Benefits Enquiry Line http://www.gov.uk/ 0800 882 200
Disability Living Allowance and Attendance Allowance Helpline http://www.gov.uk/ 0845 712 3456
National Debtline www.nationaldebtline.co.uk 0808 808 4000
The Money Advice Service https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/ 0300 500 5000
Pensions Credit Claim Line http://www.gov.uk/ 0845 606 0265
Shelter http://www.shelter.org.uk/ 0808 800 4444
Tax Credit Helpline http://www.gov.uk/ 0345 300 3900
Turn 2 Us – advice on benefits and grants http://www.turn2us.org.uk/ 0808 802 2000